Official program details & dates
Current term: Spring Semester 2017 (Currently Accepting Applications for Summer 2017 & Fall 2017)
Length of internship: 3 Months
Weekly schedule: 5-10 hours/week
What is Wayfare?
Wayfare is a coworking, gathering & event space, and startup incubator for people & organizations who aspire to advance the common good.
What is the mission of Wayfare?
Wayfare exists to unite and propel creators, founders and adventurers for the common good (the most good for all people). Our community consists of people who actively pursue the common good through their work and lives, and desire to work together and support each other in their various endeavors. This consists primarily of social enterprises, non-profits, or those have a give back model built into their business. We are focused and committed to growing a community and culture of people who are committed to the world’s best future.
Interning at Wayfare
What does it mean to be an intern at Wayfare?
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure they are involved in our staff and community life and receive a learning experience that fits their career goals. We are interested in their unique gifts, passions, & career goals; and do our best to help them put their skills to practice and gain valuable hands-on experience in their field.
Interning at Wayfare is a unique opportunity to:
- Work at a fast paced, fun, social good startup
- Freedom to execute your ideas with a motivated and passionate team around you
- Learn from passionate and down-to-earth cofounders
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in your field and work alongside our staff
- Work out of our beautiful coworking space (with the best coffee) in Costa Mesa, CA
- Work in a professional environment alongside 80+ do-good creators, leaders & founders
What makes a good intern? What are we looking for?
- Passionate about advancing the common good
- Hungry, sharp, and excited to grow and put their skills to practice
- Collaborative, loves working with others
- Can carry a good conversation
- Flexible, adaptable, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- A good match for the supervisor, works well with their strengths and fits the role-specific requirements
What is the compensation and are there any perks?
This internship is unpaid, however, all interns will receive the following Wayfare benefits:
- Access to Wayfare Member Perks & Discounts, including our professional member directory
- A Wayfare membership during their internship (up to 10 hours/week)
- Credit hours towards your major
- And of course, meals & fun events throughout the program!
MARKETING + SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Open positions: 2
Supervisors: Jill Arbini, Marketing Coordinator and Intern Supervisor
What you will learn:
- How to maintain a brand and brand voice on social media
- How to build and maintain a relationship with our online community and provide value to our readers and followers
- How to to reach a niche follower base and create clear & compelling content
- How to create a long term social media plan & marketing calendar
- How to schedule posts through programs like Later
- Experience in various Social Media platforms & tools used to gauge their performance
- How to track social media analytics
- How to promote events
- How to grow an engaged audience and niche follower base
- How to build relationship with a brand’s follower base
- How to create highly valuable content
- How to create an editorial calendar
What you will do:
- Build and refine the Wayfare social media strategy
- Update Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account on a regular basis & in a timely manner
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Wayfare
- Schedule and execute posts in online marketing software
- Perform research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our clearly defined follower base
- Manage, execute, and distribute a consistent weekly newsletter of relevant and valuable articles
- Create supplemental content such as emails, social media messages, and blog posts as assigned
- Identify opportunities for content partnerships (Wayfare Gift Guide, perks system, etc.)
- Prepare analytical reports to understand effectiveness of various marketing campaigns
- Creative mind, willingness to develop new and relevant content
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail when it comes to grammar and copywriting
- Visual thinker (has a keen eye for developing interesting visual content)
- Awesome organizational skills, matched by a diligent work ethic
- Can execute and follow through on time-sensitive projects with deadlines
- Some prior experience and/or knowledge in online marketing, content marketing, community development and/or social media management
- Must be a skilled and organized communicator
- Strong writing skills with a focus on professional and clear yet creative commentary
- Ability to analyze your ideas and the ideas of others
- Ability to translate data to tell a story
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks across projects
- Basic understanding of design and different types of content
- Well organized, can schedule and execute a calendar of planned content
Ready to join the team at Wayfare and work toward the world’s best future?